Sunday, December 19, 2010

Dinner Tonight, or Lunch Yesterday: Mushroomy


After a weekend of travel and holiday concerts, the kitchen was looking suspiciously clean and unused.  To celebrate the end of the school year and have a yummy lunch before driving back to our respective parents' homes for the holidays, Doug and I made this tasty lunch.

We made....

  • Smitten Kitchen's garlic butter roasted mushrooms, half a batch.  Perfect with one container of mushrooms and two diners.
  • Chicken, cooked in a big pan with garlic powder, oregano, pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
  • Trader Joe's Garlic Basil linguini
  • with slices of Trader Joe's multigrain bread to sop up the sauces.
I'll be back tomorrow with a real post, once I have cleaned all the marshmallowy bits out of my dishes.  The preliminary results look good though.
Go cook some mushrooms for lunch, I promise you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment